- Screening: For all prospective residents
- Will be interviewed by the house manager and another staff member.
- Complete and sign resident application
- Qualifications: All prospective residents
- Must be able to pass a complete twelve panel urinalysis and alcohol test.
- Have a desire to remain clean &/or sober
- Attend Twelve Step Meetings throughout residency at RCI
- Meet financial requirements
- Completely abstain from any and all mind altering chemicals. Including but not limited to:
- Mind altering tobacco
- Mouth wash containing alcohol
- Submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Attend a meeting every day for your first 90 days, 5 meetings a week after that.
- Get a sponsor and work the Twelve Steps with that sponsor.
- Attend mandatory house meeting, every Sunday at the scheduled by the house manager.
- Respect the rights, views, opinions, and property of others.
- Contribute to the cleanliness of the house, entry area, and yard.
- Any resident who is not employed or is not disabled must be actively looking for work Monday - Friday.
Resident must be off property from the hours of 9am - 3pm daily and needs to provide documentation of job search and/or volunteer work to be turned in at the house meeting on Sunday. If resident receives disability and is not physically unable to participate - they need to be up and about during the day. Residents need to be out of bed no later than 8 am Monday - Friday. This is to help establish and maintain a routine.
Exceptions will be made for those who are employed and whose hours of employment are irregular - documentation required.
- NO prescription medications are to be kept in the houses without staff approval.
Violation of this rule is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Any violence &/or threats of violence will result in immediate dismissal.
- Residents MUST be on property by the 11 pm curfew for your first 30 days.
- Residents with more than 30 days who remain in good standing have a curfew of midnight (l2am) on Friday and Saturday ONLY.
- NO resident is permitted to leave property after curfew without approval from the house
- Residence will behave with decency at all times
- No coercing others to engage in inappropriate behaviors
- No sexual activity on property
- ALL strange and inappropriate behavior actions will be reported to the house manager immediately.
- Non-residents are not permitted to enter houses without house manager approval.
- Sponsors can visit daily from 8 am to 7 pm with a signed release in residents file and house manager approval.
- Sponsors are allowed inside the bedrooms while doing Step work with roommate
- YOUR children are allowed to visit with a signed release of liability in your file on Saturday during the hours of 1 pm and 7 pm and on Sunday noon and 5 pm NO EXCEPTIONS without approval of house manager.
- ALL other visitors must be off property no later than 9 pm - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- No smoking anywhere in building at any time. Please smoke on back or front porches.
- No candles/incense permitted at any time in the building.
- Over-night/Weekend passes:
- Must have lived here for 30 days
- Must be current on rent and UA fees
- Must turn in pass request to the house manager no less than 48 hours prior to date of
- Must not have any write-ups 7 days prior to pass request.
- Must take a drug and alcohol test before entering house unless otherwise stated by the house manager.
- Must pay $10 for drug screen at the time of testing. (No charge for random UA's)
- Must give house manager a copy of work schedule
- If called in on your day off you must provide proof of hours worked if exceeding curfew.
- Resident must report any and all unsafe conditions to the house manager immediately.
- No resident is permitted to change rooms without approval from the house manager.
- Management IS NOT responsible for personal property. Bring valuables at your own risk.
- Notify house manager before calling police or 911
- If you cannot call your house manager have another resident call the house manager while you are on the phone with 911.
- Management Sponsored Events:
(BBQ's, holiday dinners, etc.)
- Must attend if you have been here less than ninety days
- You are on pass restriction
- NO resident may lend, borrow, or drive another resident's vehicle for any reason with or without the owner in vehicle without house manager approval.
- There will be no dating between any resident and another resident while both residents live at RCI without both house managers having knowledge of the relationship prior to moving into RCI. This is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- No sexual activity anywhere on RCI property. You will be immediately dismissed.
Guidelines and Procedures
Chain of Command Office: 361-723-0614
- Dane Williamson 361-688-3403 (House Mgr)
- Bill Hightower 361 -774-3386
- Jon Patteson 361 906-6657(House Monitor)
There is a $65.00 processing fee, which is non-refundable is due at time of move in, unless prior arrangements have been made with staff prior to move in.
- Rent is to be paid on Sundays at the 6pm House Meeting for the following week, unless other arrangements have been made with office staff.
- You must determine how you would like to pay your rent at the time of move on. Once established your payment schedule cannot be changed without staff approval.
- If you are late on your rent, you will be charged $5.00 dollars for everyday late, unless otherwise stated by staff.
- No resident is to become more than one week late on his/her rent.
- You will be immediately dismissed from RCI for the following but not limited to:
- A positive drug &/or alcohol test
- Possession of any form of a mind altering chemical
- Possession of contraband &/or paraphernalia
- Dating &/or sexual relations with another resident.
- Upon your third write-up
- Violence &/or threats of violence toward staff, another resident or self.
- Leaving property after curfew
- Not reporting knowledge or suspicion of a resident or staff member using a mind altering chemical.
- Upon evection resident has 24 hours to remove any and all personal property from RCI property, unless other arrangements have been made. Anything left behind without staff approval will become RCI property.
- Re-Entry: Any resident evicted will not be reconsidered for admittance for a minimal of 14 days. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Upon re-entry, if you are in arrears on your financial responsibilities to RCI you must be paid in full and be able to pay at least the first weeks rent prior to moving in, unless otherwise approved by staff.
- There will be no reimbursement of rent should the resident:
- Be evicted for any reason
- You should leave on your own accord without at least 7 days written notice to be placed in file.
- Management has the right to perform random searches of personal property of resident of RCI.
- At least one resident from that bedroom must be present.
- If searching the whole apartment, at least two residents from that apartment must be present during the search.
- Management has the right to perform random searches of any vehicle own driven by a resident.
Management reserves the right to make adjustments to these rules and regulations. Residents will be given either written or verbal notice of any and all changes.